Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Chemistry and Cars

So a week later and back in Cathedral City for more discussions and beginning the assembly of the presentation. But the whole process is mired in discussions about the significance of certain seemingly small differences in patterns of reactivity. That means that while research discussions are important and necessary they sometimes really slow down progress on what needs to get done immediately.

And then there is the car. The big gamble that I took on this sabbatical is that I went out on a limb and bought a five year old car driven by a little old lady. It was clear that I was going to have to make a lot of trips to Cathedral City so I had to make a choice between rental cars every time I needed a car and a purchase. I bought a five year old car with 64,000 km on it. Worked fine for two weeks and then it went past 66,666 kms.

And started to fall apart. Getting the beast fixed has cost me precious time that I did not have and the front end is still making a speed dependant wukka-wukka-wukka noise. That means more time, more money and more distraction. This has got to end soon.


Anyway this weekend I have to go to a student conference as a judge which means I will have to pay attention to about thirty 15 minute powerpoint presentations. I hope to find some time to work on my own presentation with weekend.

1 comment:

Me said...

One question: did you actually see this 'little old lady' with your own two eyes? ;)